Sadly, I will be spending a majority of my time in the pool this summer and not on the beach. But all these items are also a necessity if you're going to a public pool. If you're going anywhere exciting this summer that has an awesome beach, let me know! My favorite beaches are those along Lake Michigan in Chicago, simply because you can't beat that Chicago skyline!
Since summer is finally here, everyone will be taking trips to their local beach or even going on vacation and stopping at one! It seems like every single time I go and lay out on by the pool or I go to the beach, I end up forgetting something. As I sat here and pondered literally every single thing I could possibly think of, I now present to you, my beach essentials list.
- A hat. It can be a floppy sun hat or even a baseball cap. A hat is necessary for keeping the sun out of your eyes!
- Sun protection spray for your hair. In the heat, your hair dries out very quickly, so this is a must.
- A very large beach towel. If you have lots of people with you as well, a beach blanket would be a great idea!
- A bikini. While this may be obvious, if you're going somewhere and changing into one, you may forget it.
- Sun screen. For the obvious reasons.
- A cover up. It can be a full length dress or just a wrap around skirt, but if you hit up the bars or restaurants along the beach, you will probably feel a lot more comfortable wearing a cover up!
- A cooler. I like to bring healthy snacks and drinks instead of paying for the over priced food is provided at the restaurants or small shops.
- A lip balm, preferably with SPF in it. Your lips are the thinnest skin on your body, so make sure you protect them!
- Flip flops. Don't bring your cutest sandals to the beach to get water, sand, and possibly mud on them! A cheap pair will do just fine.
- Sunglasses. Again, for the obvious reasons.